At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Stuffed Green Peppers
4 to 6 large green bell peppers
1 pound ground beef
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 (20 ounce) can whole tomatoes
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 to 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cut tops off bell peppers and remove seeds. Parboil in salted, boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain and cool.
2. Brown meat in skillet with onion. Drain oil. Add tomatoes that have been mashed. Add Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Add rice. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Add Cheddar cheese, stirring until melted and well blended. Stuff mixture into peppers. Top with Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F about 20 minutes or until hot.