1 (16 ounce) package penne
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup fat-free milk
2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon dried minced onion
½ teaspoon dill weed
¼ teaspoon onion powder
⅛ teaspoon pepper
1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
2 cups cubed fully cooked lean ham
1½ cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, melt butter; whisk in flour until smooth.
3. Gradually add milk and seasonings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
4. Reduce heat; fold in sour cream until blended. Add ham and pasta; cook and stir until heated through.
5. Remove from heat; stir in Mexican cheese blend until melted. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
Total Fat 9g
Diabetic Exchanges: 2½ starch, 2 lean meat
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.