Jamison is a baby boy’s name of Hebrew, Scottish, and Irish origin. Jamison comes from the Hebrew name Jacob and means “supplanter”. Jamison is also a Scottish and Irish surname that means “son of James”. Jamison has been popular since 1969 and is still going strong as of 2020.
Meaning of the name Jamison:
Scottish, Irish: son of James
Origin of the name Jamison:
Jamison is a baby name of Scottish, Irish, and Hebrew origin. From Hebrew, Jamison derives from Jacob and means “supplanter”. Jamison is also a variation of the Scottish and Irish surname Jameson which means “son of James”.
Symbolism of the name Jamison:
Jamison is related to the names Jacob and James which are Biblical Hebrew names. Many figures in the Bible have these names, giving Jamison a close association with religion.
Style of the name Jamison:
Gender of the name Jamison:
Jamison is a boy's baby name.
Pronunciation of the name Jamison:
Number of syllables in the name Jamison:
Emotion evoked from the name Jamison:
Jamison evokes feelings of strength and wisdom.
Alternative spellings for the name Jamison:
Nicknames for the name Jamison:
Popularity of the name Jamison:
According to the Social Security Administration, Jamison is a popular baby boy’s name. Jamison has been in the top 1000 baby names since 1969 and peaked at #408 in 1973. It is #480 as of 2020.
Related names for the name Jamison:
Great middle names for the name Jamison and their meanings:
- Hawk (the bird)
- Marley (driftwood)
- Robin (bright fame)
- Oscar (deer-lover, champion warrior)
- Simon (flat-nosed)
- Henry (estate ruler)
- Hawthorne (lives where hawthorn hedges grow)
- George (farmer)
Famous people with the name Jamison:
- Jamison Crowder (American football player)
- Jamison Jones (American actor)
- Jamison Newlander (American actor)
- Jamison Sweet (American actor)
- Jamison Hebert (American movie producer)
Jamison in popular culture:
- Jamison Reagan (television, “Blue Bloods”)
- Jamison “Junkrat” Fawkes (video game, “Overwatch”)
- Ruth(literature, “Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe” by Fannie Flagg)
- Jamison, the Lawyer (film, “Doctor Jack”)
- Jamison (literature, “The Kingkiller Chronicle”)