Sallie is a baby girl’s name of English origin that means “princess”. Sallie is a diminutive of the Hebrew name Sarah. Sallie was in the top 1000 baby names from 1900 to 1969. As the less common spelling of Sally, it has the potential to make a comeback alongside other vintage names.
Meaning of the name Sallie:
Origin of the name Sallie:
Sallie is an English baby girl’s name that means “princess”. Sallie is a variant spelling of Sally and a diminutive of the Hebrew name Sarah.
Symbolism of the name Sallie:
Sallie means “princess” which is a royal title often given to the daughters of kings or emperors. A princess is a symbol of grace, beauty, refinement, and purity of heart.
Style of the name Sallie:
Gender of the name Sallie:
Sallie is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Sallie:
Number of syllables in the name Sallie:
Emotion evoked from the name Sallie:
Sallie evokes feelings of honesty and compassion.
Alternative spellings for the name Sallie:
Nicknames for the name Sallie:
Popularity of the name Sallie:
According to the Social Security Administration, Sallie is a popular baby girl’s name. Sallie was in the top 1000 baby names from 1900 to 1969. It peaked at #98 in 1900.
Related names for the name Sallie:
Great middle names for the name Sallie and their meanings:
- Lilac (the flower, light blue)
- Delphine (dolphin)
- Azalea (the flower)
- Lyra (lyre)
- Vera (faith)
- Etta (poetry)
- Rosalind (pretty rose)
- Violet (purple, the flower)
Famous people with the name Sallie:
- Sallie Baliunas (American astrophysicist)
- Sallie Krawcheck (American businesswoman)
- Sallie Blair (American jazz singer)
- Sallie Ward (American socialite)
- Sallie Harmsen (Dutch actress)
Sallie in popular culture:
- Sallie May (television, “Hazbin Hotel”)
- Sallie(photography series, “Sallie Gardner at a Gallop” by Eadweard Muybridge)
- The Sallie House (culture, American haunted house)