At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Buttermilk Pan Fried Chicken & Homemade Creamed Corn
¾ cup fine dry bread crumbs
½ of a .7 ounce package dry Italian salad dressing mix (2 ½ teaspoons)
½ cup buttermilk
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 ¼ pounds)
2 Tablespoons cooking oil
1. In a shallow dish combine bread crumbs and salad dressing mix.
2. Pour buttermilk into a small bowl.
3. Dip chicken breast halves into buttermilk, coat with the bread crumb mixture.
4. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Arrange chicken in skillet so that pieces don’t touch.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low.
6. Cook, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once to brown evenly. Makes 4 servings.
7. While chicken is cooking prepare corn.
Homemade Creamed Corn
1 cup canned corn
½ teaspoon milk
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled and drippings reserved
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ cup water
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine corn and milk; add sugar.
2. Place corn mixture and bacon drippings in a large skillet.
3. In a measuring cup, mix flour and water together; blend until smooth.
4. Add enough additional water to the measuring cup to equal 1 cup.
5. Add flour mixture to corn and stir over medium heat until mixture is thick; salt and pepper to taste.
6. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Try one of our favorite 30 Minute Meals: