At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Fresh and Healthy Asparagus Ham Pasta
2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
¾ pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
1 Tablespoon olive oil
3 cups diced fresh tomatoes (about 6 medium)
6 ounces boneless fully cooked ham, cubed
¼ cup minced fresh parsley
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, sauté asparagus and yellow pepper in oil in a large nonstick frying pan until tender.
3. Add tomatoes and ham, heat through.
4. Drain pasta; add to the vegetable mixture.
5. Stir in seasonings. Sprinkle with cheese.
Makes 6 servings
1⅓ cups equals:
5 grams fat (1 grams saturated fat)
17 mg cholesterol
559 mg sodium
27 grams carbohydrate
3 grams fiber
12 grams protein