At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Teriyaki Pulled Pork Sandwiches
These sweet and sour pork sandwiches will make your mouth water for seconds. Great for a summer picnic.
3 pound boneless pork shoulder roast
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
½ cup unsweetened pineapple juice
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
8 hamburger buns, split and toasted, if desired
1 (20 ounce) can sliced pineapple, drained
1. Cut roast in half and place in a greased 5 quart slow cooker.
2. Add the onion, ½ cup teriyaki sauce and pineapple juice.
3. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.
4. Remove roast; set aside. In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining teriyaki sauce until smooth; stir into cooking juices.
5. Cover and cook on high for 30-40 minutes or until thickened.
6. Shred meat with two forks; return to the slow cooker and heat through. Spoon ½ cup onto each bun; top with a pineapple slice.
Try one of our favorite Crock Pot Meals: