4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
2/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 heavy cream
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins
1 1/2 loaves day old cinnamon-raisin bread
custard hard sauce (recipe below)
1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in raisins.
2. Cut bread into 1 inch chunks; add to egg mixture. Stir gently to cover all bread.
3. Pour into greased glass-baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
4. Let set for 10 minutes before serving (great hot or cold). Serve with the following sauce.
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 stick butter
1/2 cup sugar
1. In heavy small saucepan bring all ingredients to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring frequently not to burn.
2. Boil for 5 minutes and remove from heat.