Page 6 of 11
CROCK POT CHICKEN IN SPICY SAUCE
1/2 cup tomato juice
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chicken broth
3 cloves garlic minced
1 whole chicken, cut in skinless serving size pieces or favorite parts
1. Combine all ingredients except chicken in a bowl. Dip each peice of chicken in the sauce. Place in the slow cooker.
2. Pour remaining sauce over the top. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
CROCK POT CHICKEN AND NOODLES
2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pound broiler/fryer chicken cut up
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups water
1 package (8 ounces) egg noodles
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place chicken in crock-pot. Season with salt and pepper; add all liquid.
2. Cover and cook on Low 8 to 10 hours (High 4 to 5 hours).
3. Remove chicken from broth. Turn crockpot to high and add noodles.
4. Bone chicken and cut up meat. Stir chicken into noodles. Cover and cook 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
CROCK POT CHICKEN PARMIGIANA
3 Chicken breasts
1 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
1 cup Dry bread crumbs
1 1/4 cups Butter
1 can Pizza sauce (10 1/2 oz.)
6 slices Mozarella cheese
1. If using whole chicken breasts, cut in to halves. In bowl beat egg salt and pepper dip chicken into egg. Then coat with crumbs.
2. In large skillet saute chicken in butter. Arrange chicken in pot. Pour pizza sauce over chicken.
3. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours. Add mozzarella cheese, sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Cover and cook 15 minutes.
CROCK POT CHICKEN PIZZA
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast- cut into bite size pieces
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 large cans tomato sauce
2 large cans diced tomatoes
1 Tablespoon dried parsley
1 Tablespoon dried oregano
1 Tablespoon dried basil
1 teaspoon thyme
4 cloves garlic, pressed
1 bay leaf
1. Place all ingredients in slow cooker. Stir to make sure all chicken is coated well.
2. Cook on Low setting for 8 hours, until chicken and vegetables are tender.
CROCK POT CHICKEN/SAUSAGE CASSOULET
1 package Frozen lima beans
1 cup Tomato juice
1 Carrot, 1/2 inch pcs
1 Stalk celery, 1/2"pcs
1 Onion, chopped
1 Clove garlic, minced
1 Bay leaf
1 teaspoon Chicken bouillon granules
1/2 teaspoon Dried basil, crushed
1/2 teaspoon Dried oregano, crushed
3 Boneless chicken breasts
3 Chicken drumsticks
8 ounces Smoked kielbasa
1. Place carrots, limas, celery and onions on bottom of crock pot which has been sprayed with Pam.
2. Combine herbs, juice and bouillon and add to vegetables. Place chicken on top of vegetables.
3. Cut sausage into pieces. Put chicken and sausage on top of veggies.
4. Cover crockpot and cook on Low heat for 10 hours or on high for 5 hours. Remove bay leaf before serving.
CROCK POT CHICKEN STEW
2 lb. Chicken breasts/skinless Boneless/ cut in 1" cubes
2 cups Fat-free chicken broth
3 cups Potatoes; peeled, cube
1 cup Onion; chopped
1 cup Celery; sliced
1 cup Carrots; sliced thin
1 teaspoon Paprika
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Rubbed sage
1/2 teaspoon Dried thyme
6 oz. no-salt-added tomato paste
1/4 cup Cold water
3 Tablespoon Cornstarch
1. In a slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients; cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
2. Mix water and cornstarch until smooth; stir into stew. Cook, covered, 30 minutes more or until the vegetables are tender.
CROCK POT CHICKEN STEW MEXICAN STYLE
2 lbs. skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into 1 1/2" peices
4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut very small
1 (15 oz.) can mild salsa
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
1 (1 1/4 oz.) package taco seasoning mix
1 (8oz.) can tomato sauce
1. Mix all ingredients together in crockpot, cook 7-9 hours on low. Serve with warm flour tortillas.
CROCK POT CHICKEN STEW
2 or 3 uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can of white beans, undrained
1 can of petite diced tomatoes, undrained
chopped onion to taste
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 cup cooked instant rice
1. Place chicken on bottom of crock pot.
2. Pour over can of white beans.
3. Pour over can of diced tomatoes.
4. Sprinkle chopped onion and yellow pepper. Sprinkle over all S&P, and other favorite spices to taste.
5. Cook on high for 5 hours.
6. 1 hour before serving, break up chicken pieces into bite sized chunks and mix in cooked instant rice.
7. Stir and reduce to Low for last hour.
CROCK POT CHICKEN STROGANOFF
1 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon Gold Medal all-purpose flour
1 envelope (.87 to 1.2 oz) chicken gravy mix
1 cup water
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1" pieces
1 (16 oz.) bag frozen stew vegetables, thawed
1 (4 oz.) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 1/2 cups Bisquick Original or Reduced Fat baking mix
4 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup milk
1. Mix sour cream, flour, gravy mix and water in 3 1/2 to 4-quart Crock pot until smooth.
2. Stir in chicken, stew vegetables and mushrooms.
3. Cover and cook on low heat setting 4 hours or until chicken is tender and sauce is thickened.
4. Stir in peas.
5. In separate bowl, mix baking mix and onions. Stir in milk just until moistened.
6. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto chicken-vegetable mixture.
7. Cover and cook on high heat setting 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of dumplings comes out clean.
CROCK POT CHICKEN THIGHS
6 chicken thighs (remove skin)
1 can Italian-style diced tomatoes (28 oz.)
salt and pepper
1. Place all ingredients into the crockpot and cook on high for about 3 hours. Serve with egg noodles.
CROCK POT CHICKEN WINGS
5 lb. chicken wings
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup French's mustard
4 Tablespoons soy sauce
1. Cut each wing into 3 pieces - throw away the tip.
2. Brown in skillet until golden brown and put in slow cooker, turn on low heat.
3. Mix brown sugar, mustard and soy sauce in saucepan and heat until it becomes liquid. Pour over the wings and cook on low 4-8 hours.
CROCK POT CHICKEN WITH CHEESE SAUCE FOR TWO
2 chicken breast halves
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 slices swiss cheese
1. Place chicken in crockpot (frozen or thawed).
2. Mix together can of cream of chicken soup & half soup can of white wine; pour over chicken.
3. Place swiss cheese over top of chicken breasts.
4. Cook in crockpot for 2-3 hours (on high) or 3-4 hours (on low)
CROCK POT COQ AU VIN 1
12 small White onions, peeled
4 lb. Roasting chicken, cut up
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
1/4 cup Brandy or cognac
2 Cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1/4 teaspoon Ground thyme
1 Bay leaf
1 1/2 cup Dry red wine
5 Tablespoons All purpose flour
1 cup Chicken bouillon
3/4 lb. Fresh mushrooms, wiped and stemmed
1 Tablespoons Butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoons Salt
1 Tablespoon Chopped fresh parsley
1. Place the onions in the slow cooker.
2. Remove the fat from the vent of the chicken and dice it. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the fat until it is rendered. Discard the shriveled bits and saute the chicken until well browned. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
3. Warm the brandy in a ladle or a small saucepan; light it with match and pour it over the chicken. When the flame dies, lift the chicken into the slow cooker and add the garlic, thyme, and bay leaf.
4. Pour the wine into the hot skillet and scrape up the pan juices. Dissolve the flour in the bouillon, turn it into the skillet and bring to simmering, stirring briskly to prevent lumps. Turn into the slow cooker.
5. Cover and cook on Low 7-9 hours.
6. Before serving: About 10 minutes before serving, in a medium skillet, saute the mushrooms in the butter over medium high heat. In about 5 minutes, they will be tender and the moisture will have evaporated from the skillet.
7. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and add to the chicken casserole. If the sauce seems thin, simmer it in the mushroom skillet long enough to thicken to the consistency of heavy cream.
8. Garnish the Coq au Vin with parsley before serving.