The second full week of easy dinner recipes with entrees and side dishes. Our easy dinner ideas this week include a tasty meatloaf recipe, an easy to make crock pot recipe, and other home cooked favorites.
If you’d like to print the individual recipes (instead of the complete weeks’ worth as shown below), please use the Easy Dinner Recipes main page. It includes the link to each individual recipe for each week.
BROWN SUGAR MEATLOAF
Brown Sugar Meatloaf Ingredients:
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup ketchup
1 ½ lbs. lean ground beef
¾ cup milk
1 ½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 small onion, chopped
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¾ cup finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs (about 10 crackers)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 5 x 9 loaf pan.
2. Press the brown sugar into the bottom of pan and spread with ketchup.
3. In a mixing bowl thoroughly mix all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf.
4. Place loaf on top of ketchup.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices run clear.
6. Serve with mashed potatoes, buttered corn and brown-n-serve dinner rolls.
Vegetarian Lasagna Ingredients:
4 medium zucchini
1 package of fresh mushrooms (amount depends on taste)
1 medium onion
Fresh garlic (to taste)
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach
28 oz. jar pasta sauce
24 oz. mozzarella cheese
8 oz. feta cheese
Olive Oil (to coat the pan)
1. Boil lasagna noodles until al dente. Mince zucchini, mushrooms, onion and garlic.
2. Coat pan with oil and sauté vegetables until tender. Add defrosted spinach. Add pasta sauce.
3. Layer vegetable mixture on top of noodles; add mozzarella cheese on each layer.
4. Top with feta cheese. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 until brown and bubbly.
5. Serve with warmed Italian bread.
Mexican Chicken Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 jar salsa
1 (16 ounce) package Monterey jack cheese
1. In a 9x13 pan, cover the chicken breasts with the salsa.
2. Cover with foil, bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 25 minutes longer.
3. Cover each chicken breast with Monterey jack cheese.
4. Bake for 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
5. Serve with white rice and tortilla chips.
CROCK POT BURGUNDY BEEF
Burgundy Beef Ingredients:
2 ¼-2 ½ lbs. pot roast
1 can condensed beefy mushroom soup
1 can condensed creamy mushroom soup
1 cup sliced mushrooms or chopped onions (optional)
¼ cup burgundy wine (or cranberry juice)
1. Trim fat and cut meat into 1-inch pieces. Place in crock-pot.
2. Stir in soups, mushrooms or onions if desired and wine.
3. Cover and cook on high 4-4 ½ hours or low for 8-9 hours.
4. Serve over cooked egg noodles.
APPLE BUTTER PORK LOIN
DOWN HOME BAKED BEANS
Apple Butter Pork Loin Ingredients:
2 (1 ½ pound) pork tenderloins
seasoning salt to taste
2 cups apple juice
½ cup apple butter
¼ cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons water
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Season the pork tenderloins with seasoning salt, and place them in a 9x13 inch baking dish or small roasting pan.
3. Pour apple juice over the pork, and cover the dish with a lid or aluminum foil.
4. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven.
5. While the pork is roasting, mix together the apple butter, brown sugar, water, cinnamon and cloves.
6. After the hour, remove pork loins from the oven, and spread the apple butter mixture over them.
7. Cover, and return to the oven for 2 hours or until fork tender.
Down Home Baked Beans Ingredients:
1 pound bacon
2 (28 ounce) cans baked beans
1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
1 large sweet onion, chopped
2 cups packed brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees cup).
2. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
3. Drain, crumble and set aside.
4. In a large bowl combine beans, chili sauce, onion, brown sugar and bacon.
5. Pour into a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
MOM'S GREAT GREEN BEANS
TOASTED GARLIC BREAD
Famous Butter Chicken Ingredients:
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup crushed buttery round cracker crumbs
½ teaspoon garlic salt
ground black pepper to taste
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
½ cup butter, cut into pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place eggs and cracker crumbs in two separate shallow bowls.
2. Mix cracker crumbs with garlic salt and pepper.
3. Dip chicken in the eggs, and then dredge in the crumb mixture to coat.
4. Arrange coated chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
5. Place pieces of butter around the chicken.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Mom's Great Green Beans:
2 (15 ounce) cans green beans
1 cube beef bouillon cube
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon butter
1 pinch garlic pepper seasoning
1. Drain the green beans, reserving 1/2 of the liquid.
2. Dissolve the bouillon cube in the reserved liquid.
3. Place green beans and liquid in a saucepan. Add Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, butter and garlic pepper seasoning to taste.
4. Simmer gently for 15 minutes.
5. Remove to serving bowl leaving beans sitting in their liquid. Use a slotted spoon to serve.
TOASTED ONION ROLLS
Baked Ziti Ingredients:
1 pound box ziti pasta, uncooked
1 onion, chopped
1 pound lean ground beef
2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup Kraft Grated Three Cheese Blend (you can substitute Parmesan cheese)
1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
2. In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat.
3. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
5. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, ricotta cheese, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture.
6. Top with grated Three Cheese Blend.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheeses are melted.
8. Serve with a tossed salad and toasted buttered onion rolls.
Easy Recipes Main Page