Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs and Spaghetti
Spaghetti and meatballs are a go-to meal on busy nights, but this recipe takes it up a notch with mozzarella stuffed meatballs. Using string cheese makes prep super easy and few ingredients make it super fast.
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 ounces mozzarella string cheese sticks, cut into 12 (1/2-inch) slices
26 ounces (1 jar) Italian style pasta sauce
8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
1. In medium bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, garlic powder and egg; shape into 12 meatballs.
2. Press 1 cheese slice into each meatball, enclosing completely.
3. In 3-quart saucepan, bring pasta sauce to a boil over medium-high heat. Gently stir in uncooked meatballs.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until meatballs are done. Serve over hot spaghetti.
Beer-Glazed Pork Chops
The alcohol burns off as it cooks, leaving the flavor of stout to make these moist flavorful pork chops. Cut up some baby red potatoes, spray with cooking spray, sprinkle with garlic and oregano and toss into a pan to bake at 350 for 20 minutes (or until tender) while the pork chops are being prepped and cooked.
4 boneless pork top loin chops, cut 1¼-inches thick (about 1¾ pounds)
1- 12 ounces bottle stout (dark beer)
¼ cup honey mustard
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
1. Trim fat from chops.
2. Place chops in a self-sealing plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
3. For marinade, stir together the remaining ingredients; pour over chops. Close bag.
4. Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
5. Remove chops; pour marinade into a small saucepan.
6. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
7. Simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until marinade is reduced by half.
8. In a covered grill arrange heated coals around a drip pan.
9. Test for medium heat above the pan.
10. Place chops on grill rack over drip pan.
11. Cover and grill for 30 to 35 minutes or until the juices run clear (160°F) brushing chops frequently with marinade during the last 10 minutes of grilling.
12. Discard any remaining marinade.
Basil and Tomato Pizza
This is a fresh, delicious alternative to greasy takeout pizza. Prep to table is about 15 minutes (quick and tasty)! You may want to double the recipe because the pizza lovers in the house are going to want seconds.
1(10 ounce) thin-crust Italian bread shell
Olive oil flavored cooking spray
4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
½ medium-size purple onion, thinly sliced
½ cup (2 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
1. Place bread shell on an ungreased baking sheet or pizza pan; coat crust with cooking spray.
2. Top with tomato and remaining ingredients.
3. Bake at 425°F for 7 to 8 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut into 8 wedges and serve immediately.
Olive Oil Garlic Chicken
Simple ingredients create a lightly crusted chicken dish that turns a weekday meal into something special. Get in and out of the kitchen in no tiime with this 5 ingredient family favorite.
2 teaspoons crushed garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Warm the garlic and olive oil together in a small pan to blend the flavors.
3. In a separate dish, combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
4. Dip the chicken breasts in the olive oil and garlic mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture.
5. Place in a shallow baking dish.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
Only four ingredients create a tender, tangy chicken dinner in no time. If you're watching your sugar, you can easily substitute diet soda (diet dr. pepper works well) for the regular Coca-Cola in this recipe. We always serve this with rice or lightly buttered noodles to get every last bit of the sauce from the plate.
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 12 oz. can Coca-Cola
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
1. Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Cover and turn heat to medium.
3. Cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Uncover, and cook an additional 10 minutes until done.