For the pecans:
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups shelled pecan halves.
½ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed (2 to 3 whole lemons)
1½ teaspoons sugar
1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 cup corn oil
⅓ cup walnut oil
Salt and pepper to taste.
2 pounds green beans
1. Heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
2. Add pecans and salt to taste.
3. Toast lightly, stirring constantly. (Nuts cook quickly, be careful not to burn them).
4. Whisk lemon juice, sugar, and mustard together, then slowly drizzle in corn and walnut oil until emulsified.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste. (Or use a hand-blender to make the whole thing go quicker and emulsify better).
6. Trim beans and cut into 3 inch lengths.
7. Place in a microwavable serving bowl and cover with plastic wrap, leaving a slight space for steam to escape.
8. Steam until crisply tender 2-4 minutes. (You may also use a regular steamer.)
9. Rinse with water to arrest the cooking process.
10. Drain thoroughly.
11. Lightly coat the beans with the dressing, adding only as much dressing as you need, and toss in the nuts. Adjust the salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.