4 slices turkey bacon cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup onion chopped
1 cup celery chopped
½ pound mushrooms sliced
1 package (4 ounces) wild rice cooked according to package directions
2 cups bread crumbs
½ pound turkey breakfast sausage, cooked
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried sage
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In medium-size skillet, over medium heat, sauté bacon until almost crisp.
3. Add onion, celery and mushrooms; continue cooking until vegetables are tender.
4. In large bowl combine bacon mixture, wild rice, bread crumbs, sausage, oregano and sage. Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
5. Spoon stuffing into lightly greased 2-quart casserole dish.
6. Bake, covered, at 325°F 35 to 40 minutes.