At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
7-Up Cake is a cake that was popular in the 1950s and 1960s, because it made it incredibly easy to make a delicious homemade cake. It has a refreshingly light lemon flavor with the texture of pound cake. You can substitute 2 Tablespoons lemon extract for more intense lemon flavor, but the natural flavoring of fresh lemon juice gives it a more subtle lemon flavor without overpowering. Add the glaze and you have a perfect anytime cake.
7-Up Cake Ingredients:
•2 and ¾ cups sugar
•1 and ½ cups of butter (3 sticks)
•3 cups cake flour
•2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
•2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed or bottled lemon juice
•2 teaspoons lemon zest
•3/4 cup 7•Up soda
Lemon Glaze (recipe below)
1. Cream sugar and butter in the bowl of a mixer.
2. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well.
3. Add cake flour and the vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Mix well.
4. Fold 7-Up into the mixture with a spoon.
5. Pour into prepared bundt pan and bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and the cake is a golden color.
6. Let cool completely and invert onto cake plate.
7. Drizzle with lemon glaze (below) or sift powdered sugar on top.
1 cup powdered sugar
2 to 3 Tablespoons whole milk
2 to 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
1.Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl, adjusting milk and lemon juice to taste.