Last Updated on
Baked Cheesecake Recipe
Though many of us think of cheesecake as being a dessert served cold, there are baked forms of cheesecakes as well. Although both versions can be delicious, many associate unbaked cheesecakes with lazy cooking. They also prefer baked cheesecakes because they tend to be made with more healthy ingredients.
When making a baked cheesecake, there are many mistakes you’ll want to avoid. One of these is overbaking. When the cake is ready, it will appear a bit jiggly in the middle, but it will harden as it cools. If you wait until the cake is completely set in the oven, it will start to dry out and crack.
Be sure to prebake your crust. These are directions that may not be included in the recipe but doing so will keep it crisp and ready for the filling. It is best to bake the crust for about 10 minutes before proceeding with making the rest of the cake.
Try to resist the urge to open the oven door while your cake is baking. It may be tempting to check on its progress but opening the oven before the cake starts to set will cause it to sink. Opening it too often will add to your cook time. If you feel you must open the oven door, try to do so when the cake is near to being ready.
Once you take your cheesecake out of the oven, you may not be able to wait to take a bite. However, it is best to allow your cake to chill in the refrigerator for at least four hours (and preferably overnight) before digging into it. This will help the cake to set.
Just like any other cheesecake, a baked cheesecake can be made using any number of flavorings. However, the recipe we provide here is for a basic cheesecake which makes it a great template for those who eventually want to become more adventurous.
This is smooth and creamy baked cheesecake recipe filled with rich cream cheese and baked to perfection. This recipe will get non-stop compliments and satisfied smiles. Cheesecake is one of life’s great rewards and this one is no exception.
2 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
Dash of salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1. Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter, press into buttered 8 inch pie plate to form crust on bottom and sides.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add in lemon juice, 1/2 cup sugar, milk, salt and vanilla.
3. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Pour filling into crust.
4. Bake at 325 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
5. Combine the 2 tablespoons of sugar, sour cream, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla; spread over top of cheesecake then bake for 10 minutes longer. Chill for 5 hours or more before serving.
Cheesecake Recipes List