Fabiola is a baby girl’s name of French, German, and Italian origin. Fabiola comes from the Roman name Fabia and means “bean grower”. Fabiola is an ancient name with ties to saints and royalty, but it has also been in the top 1000 baby names as recently as 2008.
Meaning of the name Fabiola:
French, German, Italian: bean grower
Origin of the name Fabiola:
Fabiola is a baby girl’s name of French, German, and Italian origin that means “bean grower”. It is derived from the name Fabia and was originally a diminutive of the name.
Symbolism of the name Fabiola:
Fabiola means “bean grower” and was a Latin occupational name for a farmer that grew beans. The types of beans grown in ancient Rome included dried peas, fava beans, chickpeas, lentils, and Lupines. They were a staple food and commonly included in many cookbooks of the time.
Style of the name Fabiola:
Gender of the name Fabiola:
Fabiola is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Fabiola:
fa-BYO-la (Italian, Spanish)
Number of syllables in the name Fabiola:
Emotion evoked from the name Fabiola:
Fabiola evokes feelings of intelligence and hard work.
Alternative spellings for the name Fabiola:
Nicknames for the name Fabiola:
Popularity of the name Fabiola:
According to the Social Security Administration, Fabiola is a popular baby girl’s name. It was in the top 1000 baby names from 1986 to 2006. It peaked at #664 in 1995.
Related names for the name Fabiola:
Great middle names for the name Fabiola and their meanings:
- Moira (bitter, beloved, drop of the sea)
- Remi (oarsman)
- Daniella (God is my judge)
- Clara (bright, clear)
- Louisa (renowned warrior)
- Narcissa (daffodil)
- Lilith (night monster, ghost)
- Lollie (free man)
Famous people with the name Fabiola:
- Saint Fabiola (Roman physician and ascetic)
- FabiolaMora y Aragón (Queen consort of Baudouin of the Belgians)
- Fabiola Zuluaga (Colombian tennis player)
- Fabiola Ramos (Venezuelan table tennis player)
- Eléonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie (Princess of Belgium)
Fabiola in popular culture:
- Fabiola (literature, “Fabiola” by Cardinal Nicholas Wiseman
- Fabiola Iglesias (comics, “Black Lagoon”)
- Fabiola (literature, “American Street” by Ibi Zoboi)
- Fabiola (video games, “Animal Crossing” series)
- Saint(paintings, “Lady with a Red Scarf” by Jean Jacques Henner)