Remi originated as a spelling variation of Remy. Both of these baby names are fun options for boys or girls. Remi, in particular, is a top 125 unisex title.
Meaning of the name Remi:
French: oarsman, rower
Origin of the name Remi:
Remi is the English variation of Remy. Remy is the French form of Remigius, an ancient Latin title. It comes from the word “remigis.” Remy became popular in the Christian church because of Saint Remy. He baptized King Clovis of the Franks.
Symbolism of the name Remi:
Remi translates to “oarsman or “rower.” It has the same meaning as Remy. Remy, remember, is the French form of Remigius, which comes from the Latin word “remigis.” “Remigis” means “oarsman” or “rower” in English.
Style of the name Remi:
Gender of the name Remi:
Remi is a unisex baby name.
Pronunciation of the name Remi:
Number of syllables in the name Remi:
Emotion evoked from the name Remi:
Remi is a fun-spirited name in modern times. It is trendy and popular.
Alternative spellings for the name Remi:
Nicknames for the name Remi:
Popularity of the name Remi:
Remi first became a top 1,000 baby name in America in 2013 at rank 837. As of 2020, it is a top 125 option at number 125. Remi first became a top 200 baby name in 2018 when it was at rank 177.
Related names for the name Remi:
Great middle names for Remi and their meanings:
- Silas (forest, woods)
- Marcus (polite, shining, hammer, dedicated to Mars)
- Lawson (son of Lawrence)
- Christopher (bearer of Christ, follower of Christ)
- Caroline (strong, free man, song of happiness)
- Kaylyn (pure, keeper of the keys, slim, fair)
- Louise (famous warrior)
- Alexandra (defending men, defender of men)
Famous people with the name Remi:
- Saint Remi (bishop in France)
- Remi Gaillard (humorist)
- Remi Kili (actor, “The Hobbit”)
- Remi Hirano (celebrity chef)
Remis in popular culture:
- Remi Kruger (character from “Blindspot”)
- Remi Barberin (character from “Remi, Nobody's Girl”)
- Remi Otogiri (character from “Power Instinct”)
- Remi Hoshikawa (character from “Chikyuu Sentai Fiveman”)
- Remi Do (character from “Rebirth”)
- Remi (clown)
- Remi Delatour (character from “Devious Maids”)