Georgia is a baby girl’s name of English origin meaning “farmer”. Georgia is the feminine form of the name George and is one of the vintage names that were popular a century ago that are making a comeback. Georgia has a classic beauty to it but with nicknames like Georgie and Gigi it is also sweet and cute.
Meaning of the name Georgia:
Origin of the name Georgia:
Georgia is the feminine version of the English name George, meaning “farmer”.
Symbolism of the name Georgia:
A farm brings to mind fields of rich green crops and pastures of horses and cows.
Style of the name Georgia:
Gender of the name Georgia:
Georgia is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Georgia:
Number of syllables in the name Georgia:
Emotion evoked from the name Georgia:
Georgia evokes feelings of maturity and grace.
Alternative spellings for the name Georgia:
Jorja, Georja, Giorgia
Nicknames for the name Georgia:
Popularity of the name Georgia:
According to the Social Security Administration, Georgia is a baby girl’s name that was at peak popularity in the top 100 names of the 1910’s. The name is climbing the ranks again and is at #176 as of 2020.
Related names for the name Georgia:
Great middle names for the name Georgia and their meanings:
- Daisy (day’s eye, the flower)
- Grace (grace)
- Evelyn (desired; or water, island)
- Eleanor (the other Aenor)
- Scarlett (red)
- Harper (harp player)
- Eve (life)
- Mae (pearl)
Famous people with the name Georgia:
- Georgia O'Keeffe (American painter)
- Georgia Pellegrini (American celebrity chef)
- Georgia Carroll (American singer)
- Georgia Caine (American actress)
- Georgia Holt (American singer and actress)
Georgias in popular culture:
- Georgia Whitakar (literature, “The Selection Series” by Kiera Cass)
- Georgia “George” Fayne (literature, Nancy Drew series)
- Georgia “Gigi” Hayden (television, “Gilmore Girls”)
- Georgia Lorrison (film, “The Bad and the Beautiful”)
- Georgia Lass (television, “Dead Like Me”)