Kristen is a name that now has a lot of spunk. When first created, however, it was a very revered name representing daughters born of the Christian faith in certain European cultures. As of 2015, in America, Kristen is no longer a top 1,000 name.
Meaning of the name Kristen:
Origin of the name Kristen:
Kristen is likely from Danish and Norwegian culture. They say it is their form of the name Christian. This comes from the name “Christianus” which meant “Christian” in Latin. Kristen may have originated in Europe around the fifteenth century. Others state, however, that it is the German version of Christina, which also originates from the name Christian.
Symbolism of the name Kristen:
Kristen sounds similar to the original name “Christian.” It is interesting to think that the meaning literally translates to the origin name.
Style of the name Kristen:
Gender of the name Kristen:
Kristen is a fun girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Kristen:
Number of syllables in the name Kristen:
Emotion evoked from the name Kristen:
Kristen feels free-spirited and fun. It is a bit of a spunky name too.
Alternative spellings for the name Kristen:
Nicknames for the name Kristen:
Popularity of the name Kristen:
The baby name Kristen became popular in America in 1946 at rank 859. It ascended to the top 100 list from 1969 to 1997, remaining on the top 200 list until 2001. 2015 was the last year that Kristen was on the top 1,000 list at rank 889.
Related names for the name Kristen:
Great middle names for Kristen and their meanings:
- Marie (star of the sea)
- Julia (supreme God)
- Sophia (wisdom)
- Liana (to twine around)
- Victoria (victory)
- Madeline (high tower, woman of Magdala)
- Johanna (God is gracious)
- Leigh (meadow, delicate)
Famous people with the name Kristen:
- Kristen Bell (actress, “The Good Place”)
- Kristen Wiig (actress, “Bridesmaids”)
- Kristen Johnston (actress, “3rd Rock from the Sun”)
- Kristen Maloney (gymnast)
- Kristen Jenner (reality TV star, “Keeping Up with the Kardashians”)
- Kristen Stewart (actress, “Twilight”)
Kristens in popular culture:
- Kristen Gregory (character from “The Clique” series)
- Kristen Parker (character from “Nightmare on Elm Street 3”)
- Kristen Green (character from “Gone too Far”)