Lacey is a modern English girl’s name that means “from Lassy”. Lacey was at peak popularity in the mid 1980’s alongside names like Jennifer, Ashley, and Jessica. Despite falling popularity, Lacey has a delicate beauty to it that makes it a lovely choice for a baby girl.
Meaning of the name Lacey:
English: from Lassy
Origin of the name Lacey:
Lacey is an English girl’s name that derived from a Gaulsih surname meaning “from Lassy”. Lassy was a town located in Normandy.
Symbolism of the name Lacey:
Despite not being related to the term lace, the name Lacey brings to mind the beautiful and delicate woven fabric that has been used to trim and adorn all manner of things for centuries.
Style of the name Lacey:
Gender of the name Lacey:
Lacey is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Lacey:
Number of syllables in the name Lacey:
Emotion evoked from the name Lacey:
Lacey evokes feelings of beauty and grace.
Alternative spellings for the name Lacey:
Nicknames for the name Lacey:
Popularity of the name Lacey:
According to the Social Security Administration, Lacey is a girl’s name that has been in the top 1000 names since 1975. Lacey peaked at #116 in 1984 and has steadily fallen in popularity since then.
Related names for the name Lacey:
Great middle names for the name Lacey and their meanings:
- Mina (child of the red earth)
- Adrienne (woman from Adria)
- Cassandra (prophetess)
- Emilia (work)
- Amberly (the precious stone amber)
- Jade (stone of the side)
- Willow (willow tree)
Famous people with the name Lacey:
- Lacey Chabert (American actress)
- Lacey Sturm (American musician)
- Lacey Schwimmer (American dancer)
- Lacey Nymeyer (American Olympic swimmer)
- Lacey Turner (English actress)
Laceys in popular culture:
- Lacey Pemberton (literature, “Paper Towns” by John Green)
- Lacey Baskerville (television, “Pandora Hearts”)
- Lacey (literature, Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan)
- Lacey Hamilton (television, “Awkward”)
- Lacey Jean Locklin (television, “The Client List”)