Lucio is a smooth and emotive baby name for boys. Popular in Italian and Spanish culture, Lucio also appears frequently in arts and entertainment throughout the world. Lucio is the name of a character in William Shakespeare's Measure for Measure, and Lucio Correia dos Santos is a player character in the Overwatch franchise. Keep reading to learn more about this name.
Meaning of the name Lucio:
Origin of the name Lucio:
Lucio is the Italian and Spanish version of the Latin name Lucius. This name derived from the Latin word lux (meaning “light,” “brightness,” or “shine”).
Symbolism of the name Lucio:
Lucio originates from the Latin word lux (meaning “light”). In Roman mythology, light symbolized blessings as well as divine providence. Religious adherents frequently dedicated oil lamps at temples and shrines to appease the gods. Symbols of light included votive offering lamps and torches.
Style of the name Lucio:
Gender of the name Lucio:
Lucio is a boy's baby name.
Pronunciation of the name Lucio:
Number of syllables in the name Lucio:
Emotion evoked from the name Lucio:
The name Lucio evokes feelings of clarity and confidence.
Alternative spellings for the name Lucio:
Nicknames for the name Lucio:
Popularity of the name Lucio:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Lucio was the 1,645th most popular baby name for boys in 2020.
Related names for the name Lucio:
Great middle names for Lucio and their meanings:
- Albus (white, bright)
- Bjorn (bear)
- Cadin (friend, companion)
- Esteban (crown, wreath)
- Ezequiel (God will strengthen)
- Flavio (yellow, blonde)
- Giovanni (God is gracious)
- Harlow (army hill)
- Josiah (God has healed, God will support, God is salvation)
- Leonidas (lion)
- Rafe (wolf counsel)
- Sebastian (venerable, respected, revered)
- Vitus (life)
Famous people with the name Lucio:
- Lucio Gustavo Abis (politician)
- Lucio Franco Amanti (cellist and composer)
- Lucio Battisti (singer)
- Lucio Marçal Ferreira Ribeiro Lima Costa (architect and urban planner)
- Lucio Fulci (film director)
- Lucio Edwin Gutiérrez (politician)
- Lucio Fontana (painter and sculptor)
- Lucio Flavio Pinto (journalist)
- Lucio Carlos Cajueiro Souza (footballer)
- Lucio Chua Tan Sr. (businessman)
Lucio in popular culture:
- Lucio (minor character in William Shakespeare's Measure for Measure)
- Lucio Marcano (character in theMafia III franchise)
- Lucio Correia dos Santos (player character in Overwatch franchise)