Ezequiel is a popular baby boy’s name that is the Spanish and Portuguese spelling of the name Ezekiel. The name is of Hebrew origin and means “God strengthens”. Ezequiel has the right balance of a strong, traditional name with a new, fresh spelling that has helped make it so popular.
Meaning of the name Ezequiel:
Hebrew: God strengthens
Origin of the name Ezequiel:
Ezequiel is a Spanish and Portuguese variant spelling of the Hebrew name Ezekiel. Ezequiel means “God strengthens”.
Symbolism of the name Ezequiel:
Ezekiel is a prophet in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Ezekiel was considered to be the watchman of Jerusalem and he predicted disasters that endangered the city. Symbols such as watchtowers and lighthouses are evocative of the role of the watchman.
Style of the name Ezequiel:
Gender of the name Ezequiel:
Ezequiel is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Ezequiel:
eh-theh-KYEHL (European Spanish), eh-seh-KYEHL (Latin American Spanish)
Number of syllables in the name Ezequiel:
Emotion evoked from the name Ezequiel:
Ezequiel evokes feelings of strength and honesty.
Alternative spellings for the name Ezequiel:
Ezekiel, Iezekiel, Ezechiel
Nicknames for the name Ezequiel:
Popularity of the name Ezequiel:
According to the Social Security Administration, Ezequiel is a popular baby boy’s name. Ezequiel first entered the top 1000 names in 1976. It continues to rise in popularity and is #362 as of 2020.
Related names for the name Ezequiel:
Great middle names for the name Ezequiel and their meanings:
- Finn (fair, white)
- August (magnificent)
- Otto (wealthy)
- Atticus (from Attica)
- Asher (fortunate, blessed, happy one)
- Emmett (truth, universal)
- Malcolm (devotee of St. Colomba)
- Rory (red king)
- Jude (praised)
Famous people with the name Ezequiel:
- Ezequiel Marcelo Garay (Argentine footballer)
- Ezequiel Iván Lavezzi (Argentine footballer)
- Ezequiel Manuel Carrera (Venezuelan baseball player)
- Ezequiel Matías Schelotto (Italian footballer)
- Ezequiel Cabeza De Baca (American politician)
Ezequiels in popular culture:
- Ezequiel (television, “3%”)
- King Ezekiel (comics, “The Walking Dead”)
- Ezekiel (comics, Marvel comics)
- Ezekiel (video games, “Cyberpunk 2077”)