Norene is an Irish and English name that is the diminutive of the Irish name Nora. Nora is derived from Eleanor or Honora. Norene is less common than the spelling Noreen and its popularity is limited to the first half of the 20th century.
Meaning of the name Norene:
Irish, English: light, honor
Origin of the name Norene:
Norene is the Anglicized Irish and English version of the name Nóirín. Norene is a diminutive of the name Nora that derives from names like Honora and Eleanor.
Symbolism of the name Norene:
Norene means “light”. Light is one of the most commonly used symbols for guidance, goodness, purity, hope, and chastity. Light stands for all good and safe things and is the opposite of darkness and evil.
Style of the name Norene:
Gender of the name Norene:
Norene is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Norene:
Number of syllables in the name Norene:
Emotion evoked from the name Norene:
Norene evokes feelings of honor and peace.
Alternative spellings for the name Norene:
Noreen, Noreane, Norine
Nicknames for the name Norene:
Popularity of the name Norene:
According to the Social Security Administration, Norene is a popular vintage baby girl’s name. Norene was popular in the first half of the 20th century and was on the top 1000 baby names list from 1900 to 1950. Norene peaked at #602 in 1931.
Related names for the name Norene:
Great middle names for the name Norene and their meanings:
- Ruth (compassionate friend)
- Lydia (woman from Lydia)
- Margot (pearl)
- Amelia (work)
- Charlotte (free man)
- Audrey (noble strength)
- Violet (purple)
- Maura (bitter, pearl)
Famous people with the name Norene:
- Norene Forbes (American freestyle swimmer)
- Noreen Coen (Irish camogie player)
- Noreen Nash (American actress)
- Noreen Stevens (Canadian cartoonist)
- Noreen Evans (American lawyer and politician)
Norenes in popular culture:
- Norene Vacker (game, “Lost Cities Keepers”)
- Noreen Vanderslice (television, “Fargo”)
- Dr. Norene “Nora” Wakeman (television, “My Life as a Teenage Robot”)
- Noreen (television, “Seinfeld”)
- Noreen Fitzgibbons (television, “Sweet Magnolias”)