Raylee is a charming modern baby name for girls. Contemporary in spelling, it combines two beloved short names for instant likeability. Raylee is the name of a dress line from high-end designer Lilly Pulitzer, and Raylee Otter is a main character in the Dr. Otter series by David Bonner. Keep reading to learn more about this name.
Meaning of the name Raylee:
English, Latin: Sunny meadow, roebuck clearing
English, Germanic: Wise pasture
Origin of the name Raylee:
Raylee is a modern baby name with several possible origins. In English, Raylee is a combination of the shorter names Ray and Lee. Ray originates from either the Germanic element ragin (meaning “wise counsel”) or the Latin root rāi (meaning “light beam”). Lee originates from the Old English word lēah (meaning “meadow,” “field,” “clearing,” or “pasture”).
Additionally, some etymologists believe that Raylee is a modern variation of Raleigh. This place name meant either “red meadow” or “roebuck clearing” in Old English.
Symbolism of the name Raylee:
Raylee is a blend of the names Ray and Lee. During antiquity, the symbol for ray was the sunbeam. In addition, the symbol for Lee is the woodland clearing or grassy field.
Style of the name Raylee:
Gender of the name Raylee:
Raylee is a unisex baby name given to both boys and girls.
Pronunciation of the name Raylee:
Number of syllables in the name Raylee:
Emotion evoked from the name Raylee:
The name Raylee evokes feelings of sunshine and good cheer.
Alternative spellings for the name Raylee:
Nicknames for the name Raylee:
Popularity of the name Raylee:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Raylee was the 1,084th most popular baby name for girls in 2020.
Related names for the name Raylee:
Great middle names for Raylee and their meanings:
- Addison (descendant of Adam, red earth)
- Brooklyn (marshland lake)
- Clark (scribe, scholar, clerk)
- Emerson (brave, powerful, descendant of Emery)
- Farah (joy, happiness, gladness)
- Gemma (gem, precious stone, jewel)
- Lux (light)
- Parker (park keeper, gamekeeper, watchman)
- Praise (commend, uplift, worship)
- Shalom (peace)
- Talia (dew of heaven, lamb, bloom)
- Tatum (cheerful homestead, bringer of joy)
Famous people with the name Raylee:
- Raylee Jordan Desbiens (actress)
- Raylee Marie Hart (painter and wife of artist Kevin Charles Hart)
- Raylee Johnson (football player)
- Raylee Charlotte Kristiansen (singer)
- Raylee Leiman (softball player)
- Raylee Magill (costume designer)
- Raylee Potts (actress)
- Raylee Stearman (television personality)
- Raylee Thomas (baseball player)
Raylee in popular culture:
- Raylee (dress line from designer Lilly Pulitzer)
- Raylee Otter (character in the Dr. Otter series by David Bonner)