Ricky is a baby boy’s name of English origin that means “dominant or peaceful ruler”. Ricky is a nickname for other names like Enrique, Frederick, and Richard. Ricky has been popular since 1940 but never as popular as the longer forms of the name.
Meaning of the name Ricky:
English: dominant or peaceful ruler
Origin of the name Ricky:
Ricky is an English boy’s name that means “dominant or peaceful ruler”. Ricky is a diminutive of names like Richard, Enrique, and Frederick.
Symbolism of the name Ricky:
Ricky is a name for a ruler and is related to symbols of power like the crown and scepter.
Style of the name Ricky:
Gender of the name Ricky:
Ricky is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Ricky:
Number of syllables in the name Ricky:
Emotion evoked from the name Ricky:
Ricky evokes feelings of creativity and passion.
Alternative spellings for the name Ricky:
Rickie, Rikie, Riky
Nicknames for the name Ricky:
Popularity of the name Ricky:
According to the Social Security Administration, Ricky is a popular modern boy’s name. Ricky first appeared in the top 1000 names in 1940. It was at peak popularity from 1952 to 1969 when it was in the top 100 names. Popularity has since declined and it was #692 in 2020.
Related names for the name Ricky:
Great middle names for the name Ricky and their meanings:
- Sorin (star)
- Evander (bow warrior, strong man)
- Cyrus (star)
- Tobias (God is good)
- Jonah (dove)
- Julian (youthful, sky father)
- Gabriel (God is my strength)
- Isaac (laughter)
Famous people with the name Ricky:
- Ricky Martin (Puerto Rican pop singer)
- Ricky Barkley Jean Francois (American football player)
- Ricky Gervais (English actor and comedian)
- Ricky Ponting (Australian cricketer)
- Ricky Valance (Welsh pop singer)
Ricky in popular culture:
- Ricky Ricardo (television, “I Love Lucy”)
- Ricky Bobby (film, “Talladega Nights”)
- Ricky Fitts (film, “American Beauty”)
- Ricky Underwood (television, “The Secret Life of the American Teenager”)
- Ricky Baker (film, “Hunt for the Wilderpeople”)