Titus is an ancient name becoming increasingly popular. Last year alone, it was a top 400 option. Titus brings with it power, however, as there is a book of the Bible and an emperor of Rome with the name.
Meaning of the name Titus:
Latin: title of honor
Origin of the name Titus:
The origins of the name Titus are unknown. Titus has always had high regard throughout history, however. In ancient Rome, for instance, the name was associated with an emperor. In the New Testament of the Bible, Titus was one of Paul's closest friends.
Symbolism of the name Titus:
The baby name Titus likely started with having an unknown meaning. As time went on, however, it adopted the meaning “title of honor.” This likely comes from the emperor of Rome who had the name for himself.
Style of the name Titus:
Gender of the name Titus:
Titus is a strong and youthful name for boys.
Pronunciation of the name Titus:
Number of syllables in the name Titus:
Emotion evoked from the name Titus:
Titus is strong and commanding. It still has a youthful feel to it, however.
Alternative spellings for the name Titus:
Nicknames for the name Titus:
- Ty Ty
Popularity of the name Titus:
In the early twentieth century, Titus was a top 1,000 name in 1905, 1906, 1910, and 1911. It came back almost 50 years later in 1960 at rank 890, remaining ever since. Titus only recently had its most popular years, ranking as a top 300 option from 2014 to 2017. As of 2020, Titus is still a top 400 name at number 343.
Related names for the name Titus:
Great middle names for Titus and their meanings:
- George (farmer)
- Solomon (peace)
- Sebastian (man from Sebastia, venerable, revered)
- Anthony (priceless one, highly praiseworthy)
- Alastair (the one who repels men)
- Gregory (to be awake, to be watchful)
- Leonardo (lion brave)
- Zachariah (the Lord recalled)
Famous people with the name Titus:
- Saint Titus (friend of Paul in the New Testament)
- Titus Augustus (Roman emperor)
- Titus O'Neil (professional wrestler)
- Titus Welliver (actor, “Sons of Anarchy”)
- Titus van Rijn (son of Rembrandt)
- Titus Ryan (NFL player)
- Titus Livius (historian)
Titus' in popular culture:
- Titus Lartius (character from “Coriolanus”)
- Titus Andronicus (character from “Titus Andronicus”)
- Titus Price (character from “Anna of the Five Towns”)
- Titus (character from “The Hunger Games”)
- Titus Abrasax (character from “Jupiter Ascending”)
- Titus Pullo (character from “Rome”)
- Titus (character from “The 100”)