Tyrik is a modern baby boy’s name of Arabic origin that means “he who knocks at the door”. Tyrik is a variant of Tariq, which is the name of the morning star. Tyrik was briefly popular in the late 1990s but never made it into the 2000s.
Meaning of the name Tyrik:
Arabic: he who knocks at the door
Origin of the name Tyrik:
Tyrik is a modern baby boy’s name that is a variant spelling of the Arabic name Tariq. Tyrik means “he who knocks at the door” and is the name of the morning star.
Symbolism of the name Tyrik:
Tyrik is a variant of Tariq. Tariq is the name of the morning star. The morning star is the last star that is visible at dawn and is often associated with beauty and constance.
Style of the name Tyrik:
Gender of the name Tyrik:
Tyrik is a boy's baby name.
Pronunciation of the name Tyrik:
Number of syllables in the name Tyrik:
Emotion evoked from the name Tyrik:
Tyrik evokes feelings of pride and strength.
Alternative spellings for the name Tyrik:
Tyreek, Tyriq, Tyrique, Tariq
Nicknames for the name Tyrik:
Popularity of the name Tyrik:
According to the Social Security Administration, Tyrik is a popular baby boy’s name. Tyrik ranked in the top 1000 baby names in one year, 1998. It was #897.
Related names for the name Tyrik:
Great middle names for the name Tyrik and their meanings:
- Powell (son of Howell)
- Rhys (ardor)
- Dashiell (from Chiel)
- Malcolm (devotee of St. Colomba)
- Jamal (beauty)
- Clarence (bright)
- Matei (gift of God)
- Khalil (friend)
Famous people with the name Tyrik:
- Tyrik Patterson (American choreographer)
- Tyrik Dixon (American basketball player)
- Tyrik Hill (American football player)
- Tyrik Tell (American musician)
- Tyrik Cohen (American football player)
Tyrik in popular culture:
- Tyrik (television, “For Better or Worse”)
- Tyrek(literature, “A Song of Ice and Fire” series by George R. R. Martin)
- Tyrik (film, “True to the Game”)