Creamed Turkey Over Mashed Potatoes
½ cup chopped onion
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon white pepper
2 cups 2% milk
2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
2 cups hot mashed potatoes
1. In a large saucepan, sauté the onion in butter until tender.
2. Sprinkle with the flour, salt and pepper.
3. Stir in the milk until blended.
4. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
5. Add the turkey and vegetables; cover and simmer until heated through.
6. Serve over mashed potatoes.
Yield: 4 servings
1 cup turkey mixture with ½ cup mashed potatoes equals:
12 g fat (7 g saturated fat)
95 mg cholesterol
594 mg sodium
36 g carbohydrate
2 g fiber
30 g protein