From Anneliese to Cornelia to Rebekka and beyond, this list of Dutch baby names for girls is filled with a bounty of delightfully feminine options. Find the perfect name for your little girl. (And if you're having a little boy, we have some handsome Dutch baby names for boys as well.)
RELATED: 25 Dutch Baby Names We Love
- Aleid Aleid is the perfect Dutch name for any queen or princess. The name means “of the nobility” and is pronounced “ah-let.”
- Anneliese Anneliese is a lovely little Dutch girl's name. It means “favor.”
- Anke Anke is a Dutch girl's name with some prestige to it. This name can mean “grace” and “eagle.”
- Betje This is the Dutch version of the girl's name Beth or Betty. As such, the name means “God's devoted.” It is pronounced “bet-yeah.”
- Carolien Carolien is the Dutch version of the girl's name Caroline. This name can mean either “strong” or “free.” It should be pronounced “ca-ro-le-en.”
- Cilla Cilla is a Dutch girl's name with a Swiss army knife of meanings. Whether you want a name that means “venerable,” “sixth,” or “blind,” this is the name for your girl.
- Cornelia Cornelia is one of the most widespread Dutch names for girls. It means “horn,” as in the instrument and not what rhinos and bulls are known for.
- Drika Drika is the perfect Dutch girl's name for any future matriarch. The name means “ruler of the house” and may have you thinking of the song “Master of the House” from the musical Sweeney Todd.
- EliseElise is a pious and popular Dutch name for girls. It means “God's promise.”
- Else Else is a variant of Elisa, which itself is the Dutch version of the girl's name Elizabeth. This name also means “promise of God.”
- Engelina Engelina is a Dutch version of the girl's name Angelina. Fittingly, this name means “(God's) messenger.”
- Femke Femke is a Dutch name that is perfect for little girls. The name literally means “little girl” but can also mean “peace,” as in the sort of peace that a little girl can give a mother or father in times of stress.
- Gerda Gerda is a Dutch girl's name that can endure. This one name can mean “guardian,” “peace” or “ferility;” one keeps the peace intact, another is peace itself and the last implies that the peace will continue for further generations.
- Greetje Greetje is a Dutch girl's name that is derived from Greta. This name means “pearl” and is pronounced “gret-yeah.”
- Hannie Hannie is a short and lithe Dutch girl's name. It means “graceful” and might be the perfect name for a future dancer or the daughter of a dancer.
- Isa Isa is Dutch girl's name with some resilience. The name has three meanings, all of which can be hard to break through: “ice,” “iron,” and “strong-willed.”
- Jacoba Jacoba is a common version of the Dutch name Jacob, but for girls. As such, it means “supplanter.”
- Jantine Jantine is a Dutch girl's name with a truly Christian meaning. This name means “God is (always) forgiving.”
- Katelijne Katelijne is the Dutch version of the English girl's name Katherine. As such, this name means “pure” but is pronounced “kat-eh-line-uh.”
- Luus Luus is the Dutch version of the girl's name Lucia. As such, this illuminating little name means “light” and is pronounced “lu-us.”
- Merieke Merieke is the Dutch version of the girl's name Mary. This one name can mean “sea droplet,” “bitter” or “beloved” and is pronounced “meh-ree-eh-keh.” One notable instance of this name in pop culture appears in the card game “Magic: the Gathering;” the game has a minor character named Merieke Ri Berit, a human with the ability to draw others to her.
- Nicoline Nicoline is a Dutch name perfect for any competitive girl. The name means “victory of the people” and is likely derived from Nike, the Greek goddess of victory for whom the shoe brand also takes its name.
- Rebekka Rebekka is the perfect Dutch name for any grabby little girl. The name can mean “tie,” “join” or “snare.”
- Rozamond Rozamond is a sort of Dutch name given to selfless girls. The name means “renowned defender.”
- Trijntje Trijntje is a great Dutch name for a pristine little girl. The name means “chaste” and is pronounced “trein-ye.”
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!