You guys. My life has been changed.
No but seriously. Check this out:
I have never been huge into s'mores. Mostly because it always seemed weird to me to have this perfectly melted marshmallow and then try to bite through solid chocolate. The only times I give in and make s'mores are the times that someone whips out the fudge striped cookies instead of graham crackers and Hershey's.
Well, this waffle cone version is a million times better than a traditional s'more, and it's oh so genius. I had these waffle cone s'mores at a youth camp this summer, and I'm sure the idea had to have originated from Pinterest somewhere. I honestly can't believe I hadn't thought of this solution already. I've tried various ways of getting the “melted chocolate” effect into my s'more, but this puts all my attempts to shame.
The reason this is perfect in so many ways is because the waffle cone is the perfect thickness, the chocolate is wonderfully melted right along with the marshmallows, and you can add other amazing things to it … LIKE PEANUT BUTTER CHIPS! Okay, peanut butter on a s'more? Yes please!
Okay, moving on. Another thing that makes these great is that they are really easy to do at home in the oven. Please don't judge me when I say that I had these 2-3 times for dessert in the past week. “One more Waffle Cone S'more coming right up!“
So if the pictures didn't make it obvious, here's what you need for the basic goodness:
Waffle Cone S'mores Ingredients
- Waffle cones or cake cones
- Chocolate chips, chunks of your favorite candy bars, or anything else that is heavenly
- Peanut butter chips
- Mini marshmallows
- Additional options: caramel bits or bananas or berries
- Optional: ice cream
Waffle Cone S'mores Instructions
- Fill your cone of choice with your desired ingredients.
- Cover your filled waffle cone s’more in tin foil and place on the fire, in the oven, or on the grill. For the oven, try 350 degrees F for about 8-12 minutes. (It will vary depending on the size of cone you are using.)
- If you really want to put your body into sugar overload, drop a scoop of ice cream on top of the melted heavenly mess.
Enjoy your waffle cone s'more. What's your favorite camping treat?