Although some zealots in South Texas may argue that this isn't truly a recipe for chili because of the chicken and the beans, we find that elsewhere the response is that this white chili recipe tastes wonderful (and easy to make as a bonus).
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken - cubed
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup chicken broth
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies
1 (19 oz) can white beans (your choice of type)
Ingredients for Spice Blend:
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon cilantro
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1. Heat oil in 2 qt saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add chicken and cook 4-5 minutes, stirring often.
3. Remove chicken with slotted spoon; cover and keep warm.
4. Add onion to saucepan and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in broth, green chilies, and spice blend; simmer 20 minutes.
5. Stir in cooked chicken and beans; simmer 10 minutes.
6. Top with Monterey Jack cheese and onions, serve over rice or over spaghetti for Cincinnati Style white chili.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!