White Chili Recipe
Although some zealots in South Texas may argue that this isn't truly a recipe for chili because of the chicken and the beans, we find that elsewhere the response is that this white chili recipe tastes wonderful (and easy to make as a bonus).
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken - cubed
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup chicken broth
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies
1 (19 oz) can white beans (your choice of type)
Ingredients for Spice Blend:
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon cilantro
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1. Heat oil in 2 qt saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add chicken and cook 4-5 minutes, stirring often.
3. Remove chicken with slotted spoon; cover and keep warm.
4. Add onion to saucepan and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in broth, green chilies, and spice blend; simmer 20 minutes.
5. Stir in cooked chicken and beans; simmer 10 minutes.
6. Top with Monterey Jack cheese and onions, serve over rice or over spaghetti for Cincinnati Style white chili.