At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
2 Tablespoons salt pork, minced
2 pounds London broil, diced 1 inch
1 large yellow onion, minced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 Tablespoon jalapeño, seeded and minced
2-3 Tablespoons chili powder
1 Tablespoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 bottle Dos Equis Amber (minus 1 sip)
¼ cup tequilla
1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes with juice
1 28 ounce can tomato purée
2 15 ounce cans dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1. Cook the salt pork until golden brown. Remove salt pork with slotted spoon and set aside.
2. Add diced meat to pan and quickly brown all sides, remove meat from pat and set aside.
3. In same pot add onions, peppers, garlic, and jalapeño and sauté until tender, adding oil if necessary.
4. Add chili powder, cumin, coriander and red pepper flakes, stir to mix.
5. Add beer and tequilla to pot with vegetables and spices and reduce liquid by half.
6. Add diced tomatoes and tomato purée to pan, bring to boil, reduce heat and add the cooked meat and simmer with a lid on for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
7. Remove lid from pot, add beans, and simmer for an additional 30 to 60 minutes or until meat is tender.
8. Add browned salt pork and adjust seasonings.