These chili verde recipes will have your mouth signing and maybe burning just a little bit. The good thing about chili recipes is that you can adjust the spices as needed. After all some people like it so hot that their bowl of chili could melt a hole in the floor. Other's like a milder, more comforting bowl of flavor. Without setting fire to their mouths. No matter what your preference is, any one of these recipes with blow the tastebuds right off you!
This chili verde recipe is a change from ordinary chili, made with pork and the perfect mixture of spices and flavors. It is a great choice for cold days when you need a hearty meal to warm you inside. Serve with tortilla chips for an easy dinner.
- 4 pork steaks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 Tbsp. flour
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 tsp. garlic
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 2/3 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) of whole green chilies
1. Trim fat off steaks. Cut steaks into bite-size pieces. Fry until well done.
2. Remove meat and cook onion until tender. Remove onion.
3. Make gravy with drippings and flour and water. Chop green chilies.
4. Return meat and onion to gravy with all other ingredients, and simmer. Add 2-3 hot fresno chilies if desired.