CROCK POT APPLE CIDER STEW
1-2 pounds beef or venison stew meat
8 carrots, sliced thin
6 potatoes, sliced thin
2 apples, chopped
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoons thyme
2 Tablespoons minced onion
2 cups apple cider
1. Place carrots, potatoes, and apples in crock pot.
2. Add meat and sprinkle with salt, thyme, and onion. Pour cider over meat and cover.
3. Cook on low heat 10-12 hours. Thicken gravy with flour as desired.
CROCK POT SMOTHERED STEAK
1 1/2 pound round steak, cut in strips
1/4 teaspoons pepper
1 green pepper, sliced
1 (1 pound) can tomatoes
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
1/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 large onion, sliced
1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
1 (10 ounce) package frozen green beans (French style)
1. Put steak strips, flour, salt and pepper in crock pot. Stir well to coat steak.
2. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low 8 hours (high for 4 hours). Serve with rice.
CROCK POT BEEF POOR BOY
4 to 5 pound roast
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 cup water
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
1. Put all in crock pot in the morning. Cook on low 8-10 hours.
2. Before making sandwiches, use forks to pull meat apart.
CROCK POT CABBAGE ROLLS
8 or more large cabbage leaves
1 pound ground beef
1 egg, beaten
1 can tomato soup
1/4 teaspoons pepper
4 Tablespoons onion, chopped
1 cup rice, cooked
1. Pour boiling water over cabbage leaves and let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Season meat, add onion, rice and beaten egg. Roll a portion of the filling into each leaf. Fasten ends with toothpicks.
3. Place in crock pot and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours.
CROCK POT CASSEROLE
2 large-sized potatoes, sliced
2 to 3 medium carrots, sliced
1 (#2) can peas, well drained
3 medium onions, sliced
1 1/2 pounds ground beef, browned
2 stalks of celery, sliced
10 ounce can tomato soup
10 ounce can water
1. Place layers of the vegetables in the order given in crock pot. Season each layer with salt and pepper.
2. Put the lightly browned ground beef on top of the celery. Mix the tomato soup with the water and pour over the layers.
3. Cover and set on low for 6 to 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
CROCK POT NO PEEK STEW
2 pounds chuck or stew meat, cubed
2 cups potatoes, cut up
2 cups carrots, cut up
2 cups celery, cut up
1 large onion
1 cup each frozen green beans, peas, corn
1 can Campbell's tomato soup
1 can water
2 Tablespoons Minute Tapioca
1 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoons pepper
1 teaspoon parsley flakes
1 teaspoon salt and salt substitute
1 teaspoon Lawry's seasoned salt
1. Mix all ingredients together in crockpot.
2. Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours.
CROCK POT SOUPER ROAST
2-3 pound blade or arm roast
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cups red wine
1/2 cups water
1. Mix onion soup (dry) and mushroom soup to make a thick paste. Spread both sides of roast with onion, mushroom mixture.
2. Put in crock pot. Mix wine and water together and gently pour over roast, turn crock pot on high for 2 hours.
3. Turn crock pot to low and cook 3 to 5 hours longer. This makes its own gravy.
CROCK POT GRANDMA'S SUPPER
1 pound ground chuck
2 large onions, diced
3 or 4 medium potatoes
1 quart milk
1. In crock pot, put layer of ground chuck; layer onion, layer potatoes; add milk.
2. Cook on high until potatoes are tender, 3 to 4 hours on High
CROCK POT COMPLETE DINNER
2 to 3 pounds cube steak, browned
6 medium potatoes, peeled & sliced
2 (12 ounce) jars brown gravy
1. Layer meat and potatoes, adding gravy to each layer. Top with gravy.
2. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or high 3 to 4 hours. Season as desired. Serve with side dish vegetables.
CROCK POT STEAK FOR TWO
4 thin round steaks (about 2 pounds)
1 small onion
Cream of mushroom soup
1. In crock pot put 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 can of water. Mix together.
2. Cut one small onion, add to soup. Cut mushrooms in half and add to soup.
3. Brown meat in skillet. Put meat in soup in crock pot for 8 hours on low.
CROCK POT ENCHILADAS
1 pound hamburger
1 onion, chopped
1 small can chilies
1 small can mild enchilada sauce
1 can golden mushroom soup, undiluted
1 can cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 can cream of celery soup, undiluted
1 large package Dorito chips
1. Brown hamburger and chopped onion, pour off grease.
2. Put all ingredients in crock pot except Dorito chips. Mix and cook low 4 to 6 hours.
3. 15 minutes before serving, add Dorito chips and stir.
CROCK POT REUBEN CASSEROLE
1 (8 ounce) package noodles, cooked
1 can corned beef
3 1/2 cups sauerkraut
6 slices American cheese
16 ounce sour cream
1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
6 slices Swiss cheese
1. In a buttered quart crock pot, layer half the noodles, half the meat, all the sauerkraut, all the American cheese.
2. Mix the sour cream and the chicken soup together and layer half of the soup mixture. Then layer the rest of the noodles, meat, soup mixture and then lastly the Swiss cheese.
3. Cook on high for 2 hours, so that it bubbles well.
4. Turn down to low for 1 or 2 hours. It helps to stir before serving, to mix the layers together some.
CROCK POT ROAST
3 to 4 pound boneless pot roast
1 cup diet 7-Up
2 bay leaves
2 garlic sections, chopped or sliced
1. Wash roast and pat dry with paper towels, place in crock pot, pierce top of roast with fork and sprinkle top with celery salt.
2. Add bay leaves and garlic, pour diet 7-Up over all and set crock pot on high for 4 hours, then low 2 hours or put on low for 8 hours.
3. Remove roast to platter to cool. Discard liquid. Serve with your favorite vegetables, rolls and salad.
CROCK POT CHINESE BEEF & PEA PODS
1 to 1 1/2 pound family steak, thinly sliced, small chunks
1 can beef consomme soup
1/4 cups soy sauce
1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
1 bunch green onions (about 8)
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 Tablespoons water
1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 small can bamboo shoots, drained
1 small can bean sprouts, drained
1 (7 ounce) package frozen Chinese pea pods, partially thawed
1. Combine steak in crock pot with consomme, soy sauce, ginger and onion. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours.
2. Turn control to high. Stir in cornstarch that has been dissolved in the 2 tablespoons cold water.
3. Cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened.
4. During last 5 minutes of cooking, add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts and pea pods. Serve over hot rice.