2 lbs. zucchini
1 cup finely chopped onion
¼ lb butter, melted
1 ¼ cups fine bread crumbs
1/3 cup heavy cream
4 eggs, beaten
1 ¼ cups grated American cheese
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
½ teaspoon chopped fresh dill
Makes 8 servings
1. Set the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1 ½ quart ovenproof soufflé dish with vegetable spray or butter.
2. Wash and peel zucchini. Trim both ends. Grate with the metal grating blade of a food processor. Wring out grated zucchini in a dish towel over sink to remove as much liquid as possible. Squeeze zucchini again by hand to remove remaining liquid. Set zucchini aside in a large bowl.
3. Squeeze chopped onion by hand to remove as much liquid as possible. Add to bowl with zucchini. Add melted butter, bread crumbs, and cream. Add eggs and mix thoroughly.
4. Fold in cheese, salt, pepper, and dill until completely combined.
5. Spoon mixture into prepared dish and bake about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until golden brown on top and bubbling around edges. If zucchini seems to be browning too quickly, cover with foil. Serve hot.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.