Cauliflower Bowtie Mac and Gouda
16 ounces bowtie pasta
4 cups milk
2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
7 Tablespoons butter, divided
5 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 pound Gouda cheese, shredded
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/8 teaspoon paprika
salt and black pepper
1 head cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1. Cook pasta according to package directions until almost tender. Drain pasta, reserving pasta water; keep pasta warm.
2. Return pasta water to a boil.
3. Bring milk and garlic to a boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat; keep warm. Discard garlic.
4. Melt 4 Tablespoons butter in large saucepan over medium heat; whisk in flour. Cook 1 minute, whisking constantly.
5. Gradually add milk, whisking after each addition. Bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat; cook and stir 10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
7. Add cheese, mustard and paprika to sauce mixture; whisk until melted. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
8. Preheat broiler. Add cauliflower to boiling pasta water. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until tender; drain.
9. Toss pasta and cauliflower with sauce mixture. Spoon pasta mixture into a 13×9-inch baking dish.
10. Melt remaining 3 Tablespoons butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
11. Add panko bread crumbs; stir just until moistened. Remove from heat. Sprinkle panko mixture over pasta mixture.
12. Broil 2 minutes or until golden brown. Serves 6.