Bryant is a baby name with late Irish roots. Bryant is also a baby name given much fame and attention thanks to a late and notorious American basketball player. Keep reading to discover more about the name.
Meaning of the name Bryant:
Possibly Old Irish/Celtic for “hill, high; might, power”.
Origin of the name Bryant:
As a baby name, Bryant has both English and Old Irish roots. On the English side, the name Bryant is a variation of the name “Brian”. From there, “Brian” has connections to Old Irish terms like “brií” and “briíg”.
Symbolism of the name Bryant:
Bryant is a baby name rooted in power. It can symbolize nobility thanks to its distant connection to a famous Irish king.
Style of the name Bryant:
Gender of the name Bryant:
Bryant is commonly a masculine name.
Pronunciation of the name Bryant:
Number of syllables in the name Bryant:
Emotion evoked from the name Bryant:
Bryant has a powerful, bold, and righteous feel to it.
Alternative spellings for the name Bryant:
Nicknames for the name Bryant:
Popularity of the name Bryant:
Bryant is a baby name that has maintained steady popularity throughout decades. According to the Social Security Administration, Bryant landed as high as #164 in 1988.
Related names for the name Bryant:
Great middle names for Bryant and their meanings:
- Lucius (light)
- Lenox (elm grove)
- Sutton (from the southern homestead)
- Drake (dragon; male duck)
- Aubrey (elf ruler)
- Sami (exalted)
- Marshall (one who looks after horses)
- Arion (moon creature on high)
Famous people with the name Bryant:
- Bryant Mix (American football player)
- Bryant Dunston (American-Armenian basketball player)
- Bryant McKinnie (American football player)
- Bryant McFadden (American football player)
- Bryant Koback (American football player)
- Bryant Reeves (American basketball player)
- Bryant(stage name for Puerto Rican reggaeton singer Bryan Robert Rohena Pérez)
Bryants in movies/pop culture:
Bryant is regularly used as a given name throughout pop culture.