Burt is a simple, bold, yet fun baby name. The name Burt can work as a nickname as much as it can a given name. Keep reading to learn more information about the name.
Meaning of the name Burt:
German for “noble and bright”.
English for “fortified town”.
Origin of the name Burt:
The origins of the name Burt can vary based on what larger name it comes from. For instance, Burt can stem from the name “Albert”, which has German roots from the Germanic name “Adalbert”. The name Burt can also have Old English origins as the name was a surname that indicated a place name.
Symbolism of the name Burt:
To find symbolism in the baby name Burt, it helps to look within the meanings. With a meaning like “bright”, Burt can symbolize something light and open, feelings that are perfect for a joyful baby. There’s also the “noble” meaning behind the name Burt, giving it some connection with high morality as well.
Style of the name Burt:
Gender of the name Burt:
Burt is a baby name typically used for boys.
Pronunciation of the name Burt:
Number of syllables in the name Burt:
Emotion evoked from the name Burt:
Burt has a laidback feel to it as far as baby names go. The name Burt can evoke feelings of fun and carefreeness.
Alternative spellings for the name Burt:
Nicknames for the name Burt:
Popularity of the name Burt:
Based on data from the Social Security Index, Burt has made the top 1000 list of popular baby names several times throughout the years. Burt reached its highest ranking in 1906 when it made it to #550.
Related names for the name Burt:
Great middle names for Burt and their meanings:
- Asher (blessed, fortunate, happy one)
- Crawford (ford where crows gather)
- Hugo (mind, intellect)
- Leo (lion)
- Atlas (bearer of the heavens)
- Oscar (God spear, deer-lover, champion warrior)
- Emmett (universal)
- Archie (truly brave)
Famous people with the name Burt:
- Burt Ward (American actor)
- Burt Reynolds (American actor, director)
- Burt Lancaster (American film actor)
- Burt Kennedy (American screenwriter, director)
- Burt Bacharach (American composer, pianist, music producer)
- Burt Kwouk (English actor)
- Burt Munro (New Zealand motorcycle racer)
Burts in movies/pop culture:
- Burt Hummel (character from the TV musical show “Glee”)
- Burt Gervasi (a character in the TV show “The Sopranos”)
- Burt Chance (the character from the TV show “Raising Hope”)
- Burt Gummer (a character from the film and show “Tremors”)