Keller is a beloved baby name suitable for both girls and boys. With its strong German composition, Keller originated as a surname and now enjoys popularity as a great first name. Keller is the name of the panther shifter in the Night World series, and Keller Dover is a favorite character in the Prisoners franchise. Keep reading to learn more about this baby name.
Meaning of the name Keller:
German: Cellar master, steward
Origin of the name Keller:
Keller derives from the Middle High German word kellaere (meaning “cellar master”).
Symbolism of the name Keller:
Keller originates from the Middle High German word for “cellar master.” This name is also the Modern German word for “cellar.” In addition, etymologists directly link Keller to the Latin term cellarius. This title denoted a person who managed a household's stone chamber or pantry. Keller became an occupational surname for overseers of storage and accounts. Many such stewards rose through the ranks to achieve ministerial status. Symbols for Keller include the padlock and key.
Style of the name Keller:
Gender of the name Keller:
Keller is a name for both boys and girls.
Pronunciation of the name Keller:
Number of syllables in the name Keller:
Emotion evoked from the name Keller:
The name Keller evokes feelings of capability and confidence.
Alternative spellings for the name Keller:
Nicknames for the name Keller:
Popularity of the name Keller:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Keller was the 1,468th most popular baby name for boys in 2020. Keller was 6,265th most popular baby name for girls in 2020.
Related names for the name Keller:
Great middle names for Keller and their meanings:
- Alroy (king, red-haired, ruddy)
- Brock (badger)
- Bruce (brushwood thicket, willow grove)
- Coleman (coal worker, dove)
- Egan (little fire)
- Grant (tall, big, large)
- Iain (God is gracious)
- Lee (clearing, meadow, pasture)
- Oren (pine tree, fair, pale)
- Sloan (warrior)
- Thaddeus (courageous heart, gift of God)
- Wesley (west meadow)
Famous people with the name Keller:
- Keller Achatz (son of celebrity chef Grant Achatz)
- Keller Bramwell (writer)
- Keller Easterling (architect)
- Keller Aleksander Foley (son of actor Scott Foley)
- Keller Forners (film director)
- Keller Emrick Rockey (military general)
- Keller Simpson (television personality)
- Keller Viaene (actress)
- Keller Williams (bluegrass musician)
- Keller Wortham (actor)
Keller in popular culture:
- Keller (panther shifter in the Night World series by L.J. Smith)
- Keller(research and development firm in New York City, New York)
- Keller Dover (character in the Prisoners franchise)
- Keller Williams Realty (international real estate franchise)