The baby name Brock has historic European roots as an animal name, but these days, it's considered more of a modern American moniker. Take a look at any football, baseball, basketball, soccer or hockey roster, and you're most likely going to find a Brock there — for this reason, the name often evokes images of athleticism. Because it's only one syllable, it's often used as a middle name, but as a given name, it pairs well with classics like Alexander, Thomas and Henry.
Meaning of the name Brock:
Origin of the name Brock:
The baby name Brock is most likely a derivative of the Anglo Saxon word “brocc,” which means badger or badger-like.
Symbolism of the name Brock:
During the Middle Ages, the Celts felt the badger was a sacred animal. They thought it represented bravery, courage and tenacity.
Style of the name Brock:
Modern with traditional roots
Gender of the name Brock:
Brock is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Brock:
Number of syllables in the name Brock:
Emotion evoked from the name Brock:
The baby name Brock evokes images of someone who is athletic and masculine.
Alternative spellings for the name Brock:
Nicknames for the name Brock:
Popularity of the name Brock:
Brock has been one of the top 1,000 most popular baby names in the United States since 1947. In 2020, it ranked at number 680, according to the Social Security Administration.
Related names for the name Brock:
Great middle names for Brock and their meanings:
- Henry (ruler of the house)
- Theodore (gift of God)
- Thomas (twin)
- Oliver (olive tree)
- Ethan (strong)
- Owen (young warrior)
- Wyatt (brave at war)
- Alexander (protector of men)
- Michael (who is like God)
Famous people with the name Brock:
- Brock Osweiler (football player)
- Brock Pierce (actor and entreprenuer)
- Brock Peters (actor)
- Brock Holt (baseball player)
- Brock Boeser (hockety player)
Brocks in popular culture:
- Brock Heart (character on the TV show “Reba”)
- Brock Cantillo (character on the TV show “Breaking Bad”)
- Brock Rumlow (Marvel Comics character)
- Brock(character on the soap opera “The Young and the Restless”)
- Brock (Pokemon character)