Maximo is a prominent baby name for boys. As the Spanish variation of an Old Roman family name, Maximo has undergone a major revival for the 21st century. Maximo is a character in the Pokémon series, and Maximo was also the name of a character in the Ghosts ‘n Goblins series. Keep reading to learn more about this name.
Meaning and Origin of the name Maximo:
Maximo is a Spanish boy's name with a Latin origin meaning “the greatest.”
Maximo originates from the Latin word maximus (meaning “the greatest”). Maximus was originally used as a way to honor great commanders in the military, then it was used as a cognomen. It later became a popular first name and was the name of Saint Maximus the Confessor.
Symbolism of the name Maximo:
Maximo is the Spanish cognate of the Latin name Maximus (meaning “the greatest”). During the Roman Empire, Maximus was a cognomen that later became a first name. The symbol of Maximus was the imperial shield.
Nicknames for the name Maximo:
As all names derived from the Latin name Maximus, the most common nickname is Max. You aren't stuck with Max as the only option, however. Below is a list of nicknames that go well with the name Maximo. You are sure to find the perfect name for your baby boy from this list.
Style of the name Maximo:
Gender of the name Maximo:
Maximo is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Maximo:
Number of syllables in the name Maximo:
Emotion evoked from the name Maximo:
The name Maximo evokes feelings of generosity and gusto.
Alternative spellings for the name Maximo:
Popularity of the name Maximo:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Maximo was the 731st most popular baby name for boys in 2021.
Related names for the name Maximo:
Great middle names for Maximo and their meanings:
- Atticus (person from Attica)
- Alfonso (ready for battle)
- Bogusław (glory of God)
- Brody (broad island, deep valley)
- Carson (free settlement, marsh dwelling)
- Donald (ruler of the world)
- Eduardo (wealthy guardian)
- Giustino (just, fair, righteous)
- Juan (God is gracious)
- Hugo (fiery)
- Leon (lion)
- Nicolai (victory of the people)
- Roscoe (roebuck forest)
- Trevor (big village, large settlement)
Famous people with the name Maximo:
- Maximo Arellano (actor)
- Maximo Andre Biennès (priest)
- Maximo Saul Menem Bolocco (son of actress Cecilia Carolina Bolocco)
- Maximo Gomez (brigadier general)
- Maximo Gonzalez (tennis player)
- Maximo Huerta Hernandez (television presenter)
- Maximo Pacheco Matte (economist)
- Maximo Nelson (baseball player)
- Maximo Gianfranco Sorrentino (actor)
Maximo in popular culture:
- Maximo (character in the Pokémon series)
- Maximo (character in the Ghosts ‘n Goblins series)
- Maximo Park (British alternative rock band)
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Anna Om/Shutterstock.com.