Trey is an English boy’s name that means “three”. Trey is a nickname for names like Tremaine and Trenton. It is also a common nickname for people who are “the third” of their name. Trey has dropped in popularity since it peaked in the late 90’s.
Meaning of the name Trey:
Origin of the name Trey:
Trey is an English boy’s name that means “three”. Trey is a nickname for names like Tremaine and Trenton as well as people who are “the third” of their name.
Symbolism of the name Trey:
Three is a number that is considered powerful and holy to many cultures historically. For example, Christianity has the Holy Trinity and ancient Celtic and Greek religions believed in “triple aspect” gods.
Style of the name Trey:
Gender of the name Trey:
Trey is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Trey:
Number of syllables in the name Trey:
Emotion evoked from the name Trey:
Trey evokes feelings of creativity and strength.
Alternative spellings for the name Trey:
Nicknames for the name Trey:
There are no common nicknames for Trey.
Popularity of the name Trey:
According to the Social Security Administration, Trey is a boy’s baby name that became popular in the mid 1960’s. Trey peaked in popularity in 1999 at #189.
Related names for the name Trey:
Great middle names for the name Trey and their meanings:
- Roderick (famous ruler)
- Maurice (dark-skinned)
- Hugo (mind, intellect)
- Finnegan (fair or white)
- Oscar (deer-lover or champion warrior)
- Miles (soldier or merciful)
- Emmett (universal)
- Silas (forest)
- Jonah (dove)
- Asher (fortunate, blessed)
Famous people with the name Trey:
- Trey Songz (American singer and rapper)
- Trey Gunn (American musician)
- Randolph “Trey” Parker (American actor and screenwriter)
- Ernest “Trey” Anastasio (American musician)
- Harold “Trey” Gowdy (U.S. Congressman from South Carolina)
Treys in popular culture:
- Trey Atwood (television, “The O.C.”)
- Trey (television, “The 100”)
- Trey (video games, “Final Fantasy Type-0”)
- Trey (film, “Live Free or Die Hard”)
- Trey Parker (television, “The Simpsons”)