From Angelo to Uriel to Micah and beyond, this list of boy names that mean angel is filled with inspiring options for baby boys. Peruse the list, including the meanings of each name, and find the perfect name for your son.
RELATED: Baby Names That Mean Angel
- DangeloDangelo means “angel messenger” in Italian. The exotic sounding name is perfect as a middle name too. Alternate spellings of Dangelo include D'Angelo and DeAngelo.
- GabrielGabriel presides over heaven and is the angel of truth, dreams, joy, life, and judgment. Gabriel is the archangel who told everyone about Jesus' birth. The most popular nickname for Gabriel is Gabe. The female version of Gabriel is Gabrielle or Gabriella.
- MichaelMichael is the archangel who led the war against Satan. The name means “one who is like God.” Year after year, Michael remains on the top names for boys list. Nicknames for Michael include Mike and Mikey.
- MicahMicah is a version of Michael that retains the same meaning “one who is like God.” It's more exotic than Michael and less popular, which makes it unique. Like Michael, common nicknames for Micah are Mike and Mikey.
- Eternity Eternity is a name that will stand out on a class roster. Names like Serenity and Felicity are common, but Eternity is elegant and unusual. The name is associated with angels because angels live eternally.
- RaphaelRaphael is the angel of healing. It's a popular boys' name in France and was also chosen by Robert DeNiro for his son. Variations to Raphael include Ralph. A female version of Raphael can be achieved by adding an “a” to the end of the name. There are many famous Raphaels in history with one being a mutant ninja turtle.
- AngeloAngelo is an old-school Italian name that stands out and has a romantic vibe to it. It is an alternative to Angel and popular across the world. It recently grew in popularity in America because singer Adele choose it for her son.
- Angelico Angelico is another variation of Angelo. This version means angelic. It's a masculine boys' name with romantic vibes. Baby boys named Angelico may opt to go by Angelo.
- Michaelangelo Michelangelo is a combination of Michael and Angelo. Michael means “god-like” and Angelo means “angel,” which makes Michelangelo an angelic, strong name for baby boys. Michelangelo is a name used by a famous Renaissance painter and also a famous turtle from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- NathanielNathaniel means “gift of God.” It is an angelic name with great nickname options like Nathan and Nat.
- Cassiel Cassiel is the angel associated with the zodiac sign Capricorn. Cassiel is also the “angel of Saturday.” Cassiels may opt to go by Cass, which is a manly and unusual name as well.
- SamuelSamuel means “told by God.” Samuel is one of the archangels and is the most famous. Sam is the common nickname for Samuel.
- Uriel Uriel is also the name of one of the seven famous archangels. Uriel is said to be the wisest angel.
- JavanJavan is the son of Noah. Javan is a popular Greek name for boys. According to the Bible, Javan is the ancestor of all Greeks, he is also considered the guardian angel of Greece. In Hebrew, Javan means Greece.
- CaelCael is the angel connected to the Cancer Zodiac sign. Cael in Irish mythology means warrior. Another variation of Cael is Kale.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/NikkiZalewski.