At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Creative cans and beautiful boxes
Clean empty cans
Wallpaper, wrapping paper, fabric—your choice (heavy paper works best)
Scissors/ Razor Knife
Straight Pins (for fabric)
Directions for cans:
1. Measure the can from top to bottom, and diameter (the size of the label) plus about 1/2 “ for overlap.
2. Cut paper to fit—follow directions to activate glue on pre-pasted wallpaper— OR spread glue over entire back side of paper.
3. Wrap the can; apply rubber bands to hold paper on can. Use a damp towel or sponge to wipe off any oozing glue and disperse any air bubbles before it dries. Let dry.
Directions for boxes:
1. Follow above directions minus rubber bands, allow extra paper at top (3-5”) and bottom (1-2”), straight cut corners (where the fold line would be) and tuck to the inside of the box—this will give you a finished edge over the top.
2. Cut the corners at the bottom, overlap bottom then cut a piece to fit and cover the bottom of the box.
3. Fill the box with crumpled newspaper to help the box hold its shape until it’s dry.
Directions for fabric:
1. Fold raw edges to the center.
2. Apply glue to the can, wrap the can with fabric, use straight pins to hold the fabric in place until the glue dries.