Last Updated on
Creative cans and beautiful boxes
Clean empty cans
Wallpaper, wrapping paper, fabric—your choice (heavy paper works best)
Scissors/ Razor Knife
Straight Pins (for fabric)
Directions for cans:
1. Measure the can from top to bottom, and diameter (the size of the label) plus about 1/2 “ for overlap.
2. Cut paper to fit—follow directions to activate glue on pre-pasted wallpaper— OR spread glue over entire back side of paper.
3. Wrap the can; apply rubber bands to hold paper on can. Use a damp towel or sponge to wipe off any oozing glue and disperse any air bubbles before it dries. Let dry.
Directions for boxes:
1. Follow above directions minus rubber bands, allow extra paper at top (3-5”) and bottom (1-2”), straight cut corners (where the fold line would be) and tuck to the inside of the box—this will give you a finished edge over the top.
2. Cut the corners at the bottom, overlap bottom then cut a piece to fit and cover the bottom of the box.
3. Fill the box with crumpled newspaper to help the box hold its shape until it’s dry.
Directions for fabric:
1. Fold raw edges to the center.
2. Apply glue to the can, wrap the can with fabric, use straight pins to hold the fabric in place until the glue dries.