Expecting a little girl? Check out this list of girl names that mean fast and set the stage for a quick-witted, efficient-minded life for your sweet daughter. From Deanne to Constance to Vanessa and beyond, each of these options are delightful, feminine and unique. Take a look!
- Aella This name has its origin in Greek culture. It stands for quickness and energy. The name is referenced in Greek mythology.
- Amaira This name stands for fastness and immortality and is an Arabic name. Another variation of the spelling is Amairah.
- Ashauntae Ashauntae means both quickness and luck. It has its origins in African culture. Ashawntee is another variation of the spelling.
- Ashleyann This name has both English and Hebrew origins. It stands for a joyful, quick girl. Ashley Ann is another variation in spelling.
- CamillaThis name has many different cultural origins and means quick. It also has a connotation of perfectness. Camille or Camila are two additional variations of Camilla.
- ConstanceIn addition to denoting fastness, Constance or Connie also means someone who stands their ground. This name has a Latin origin. Constance of Aragon was known to be the famous queen of Hungary.
- Deanne Deanne has Old English origins and stands for quickness. It also has ties to elegance and grace. Deanna is another variation of Deanne.
- DiannaThere are many ways to spell this name that contains English roots. Diane, Dian and Di are just some variations. The name is known to stand for a quick or swift girl. The famous and gracious Princess of Wales was also named Diana.
- Enika Enika is an Indian name. It means a girl who is very bright and quick. Anika is a second variation of Enika.
- Fleta Fleta means speediness and has Old English origins. Flyta is another variation in the spelling of the name.
- Halah This name is from Arabic tradition. It represents speediness and friendship. Halo and Hailey are additional variations of the name.
- Harpee This name means quick and also symbolizes the eagle. It is Indian in origin.
- Komya Komya is traditionally an Indian name. The name stands for fastness and peacefulness in nature.
- MairaThis name has both Hebrew and Irish backgrounds. It stands for a good-hearted, quick individual. The alternative spelling is Mayra.
- Merlene Of British origin, the name Merlene means a swift person. Certain birds hold reference to this name. Merlena can also be chosen as a variation in the spelling.
- Mikil This is traditionally a Hawaiian name. The name references a quick, light-footed individual. Mikelle or Mickelle are also beautiful variations of Mikil.
- Min Min is a traditional Chinese name, but it also has Korean origins. It relates to both speediness and sensitivity.
- Presta Presta can be of either Italian or Spanish origin. The name signifies speediness. Prestah is another variation in the spelling.
- StellaThis name stands for a quick star. It has both Italian and Latin origins and is vintage in nature. Ztella is another variation of Stella.
- Teji Teji is Hindu in origin. It stands for beautiful light and fastness.
- Tivri This name is traditionally Indian. It stands for a girl who is fast, generous and strong.
- Tvarika This beautiful name is of Indian origin and means a fast person. The name Tvarika also stands for a successful individual.
- VanessaVanessa has both Greek and Latin origins. It means to be swift, like a speedy butterfly flying through the air. Vanessa Williams is a very noteworthy American singer.
- VivianVivian has its origins in Latin culture. It can stand for new life, energy and quickness. Viviana is another variation of Vivian.
- Yaletha This name of American origins stands for quickness. The name Yaletha also means helper by nature.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Purino/Shutterstock.com.