Last Updated on
Lemon Cloud Pie
1 9-inch pie crust, baked
1 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup water
⅓ cup lemon juice
2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
4 ounces cream cheese, softened, cubed
1 teaspoon lemon zest
½ cup whipping cream, whipped
1. Combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan.
2. Stir in water, lemon juice, and egg yolks. Mix well.
3. Stir constantly while cooking over medium heat until mixture thickens.
4. Add cream cheese and lemon zest to mixture, and stir until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
5. In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold into lemon mixture.
6. Spoon filling evenly into cooled pie shell and chill at least 7 hours or overnight.
7. Serve with additional whipped topping over filling.