This is likely not a pie you've tried before! Any pie with a name like “lemon cloud” promises to be good; we promise this pie recipe won't disappoint! Lemon is a popular dessert flavor with many. It manages to be sweet enough to still work as a dessert, yet it isn't so sweet as to turn off those lacking a sweet tooth.
Lemon isn't as popular with kids, but we think your children will still love this recipe. Any lemon pie is great for the summertime, and this one is certainly no exception. Lemon cloud pie is great for a family picnic or gathering, since it can be made easily and doesn't have a lot of ingredients.
If you want, grab your kids and have them help you with this recipe! Having kids bake with you is often a great idea, assuming they're old enough. You can make great memories together in the process, all while teaching them some useful life skills for their future.
If you enjoy this recipe, be sure to check out all of our other pie recipes. We have tons of them for you to check out, including some more unique ones like this lemon cloud pie. We also have a lot of other types of dessert recipes, in case you want something other than pie. Bon Appetit!
Lemon Cloud Pie
1 9-inch pie crust, baked
1 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup water
⅓ cup lemon juice
2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
4 ounces cream cheese, softened, cubed
1 teaspoon lemon zest
½ cup whipping cream, whipped
1. Combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan.
2. Stir in water, lemon juice, and egg yolks. Mix well.
3. Stir constantly while cooking over medium heat until mixture thickens.
4. Add cream cheese and lemon zest to mixture, and stir until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
5. In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold into lemon mixture.
6. Spoon filling evenly into cooled pie shell and chill at least 7 hours or overnight.
7. Serve with additional whipped topping over filling.