Shrimp Scampi literally means “shrimp shrimp.” This meal is the perfect dish for those looking for romantic meals for two for Valentine's Day, anniversaries, or other celebrations. We really think it's nice to have a little seafood, and who can argue with seafood soaked in butter — while not the healthiest recipe, it's a special occasion and you're allowed to splurge a little. With its perfect union of shrimp and pasta, this dish is so delicious your significant other will want seconds!
Shrimp Scampi Recipe
2 pounds shrimp
8 tablespoons butter
4 large cloves garlic
4 tablespoons dry vermouth
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 tablespoons fresh parsley, or dried
2 teaspoons flour
Dash of lemon juice (1/2 of a lemon)
1 pound linguine (or your favorite pasta of choice)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook linguine according to package directions (al dente).
2. Rinse, peel, and de-vein the shrimp in cold water. Dry on paper towels.
3. Sauté garlic and parsley in butter and oil for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. DO NOT let the garlic turn brown.
5. Add the vermouth, then shrimp.
6. Raise heat to medium-high and cook for 3 to 5 minutes stirring frequently.
7. Do not overcook. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Add flour to slightly thicken the garlic butter.
9. Add the lemon juice during the last minute of cooking.
10. Remove from the heat. Serve immediately. Serves 4 to 6.
If you're looking for the “scampi without the shrimp,” then check out our Chicken Scampi Recipe. Or if a scampi recipe is not exactly what you're looking for, take a look at our other simple recipes. Whatever you're craving, there's definitely an easy recipe that will work for you.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/rodrigobark.