2 pounds chuck steak, cubed in bite-size pieces
1 pound hot Italian sausage, removed from casings
2 large onions, diced
12 cloves garlic, diced
1 Tablespoon ground cumin
1 Tablespoon paprika
1 Tablespoon pure chili powder
1 can (32 ounce size) crushed tomatoes
1 can (16 ounce size) pinto beans
1 can (16 ounce size) Northern beans
1 can (16 ounce size) dark red kidney beans
shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Brown the beef and sausages in a large Dutch oven. Remove the meat and reserve.
2. Drain off the fat, reserving about two Tablespoons.
3. Sauté the onions and garlic until translucent, about 7 minutes.
4. Add the cumin, paprika and chili powder. Add the tomatoes and the beef into the Dutch oven.
5. Stir the whole pot, and simmer on the stove for about 1 ½ hours.
6. Add the three cans of beans, and simmer for another 30 minutes.
7. Serve with dishes of chopped scallions, sour cream and shredded Cheddar cheese. Cornbread is great with this also!
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.