3 pounds cubed beef
2 medium sweet onions, finely chopped
3 large cloves garlic, finely minced
2 10 ounce cans of chicken broth
1 12 ounce cans Hunt's tomato sauce
1 12 ounce can diced tomatoes
1 can red kidney beans (optional)
7 Tablespoons Gebhardt's chili powder
2 Tablespoons ground cumin
¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1. Sauté beef in skillet. Put beef into your favorite chili pot and simmer with onions, garlic, and broth for one and a half hours. Keep your hands off and leave the lid on!
2. Add the Hunt's tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, kidney beans if you're using them, the Gebhardt chili powder and the ground cumin. Stir.
3. Fifteen minutes before eatin' time, take off the lid and enjoy the aroma of the greatest chili ever to slide into a melmac bowl!
4. Add the Tabasco. Put the lid back on and simmer for another 15 minutes. Add salt to taste.
5. Its now ready top serve. Give out the Pepto Bismol samples to all small children and women who wish to eat your chili.
6. Give your empty chili pot to the chili groupies and suggest they use new Dawn detergent to clean it up. (Its the Official Grease Cutter of the International Chili Society).
7. Comb your hair, straighten your hat and practice being modest before you receive applause OR the Championship Trophy if you are competing in a sanctioned ICS Cookoff.
8. Serve with a cold Budweiser. This will serve 6-8 hungry Varmints.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.