Bacon adds so much flavor to chicken in this easy family favorite. Serve with macaroni and cheese for a wonderful dinner that goes from fridge to table in no time.
12 bacon strips
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 medium green pepper, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
2. Flatten chicken to 1/8-in. thickness with meat mallet or rolling pin.
3. Spread cream cheese down the center of each chicken breast; top with chopped green pepper.
4. Roll up from a long side; tuck ends in. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Wrap two bacon strips around each piece of chicken; secure with toothpicks.
6. Place in a greased 13x9 baking dish.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpicks before serving.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!